HEALTH DEPARTMENT REQUIREMENTS
The question you must answer before you get into any food vending business is: What kind of sink does your health department require? Those dreaded sinks!
You’ll need to call your local health department for the area you want to operate in and ask them exactly what kind of sink or sinks are needed to sell your food products from your tent.
Check out the CDC's directory of state health departments for contact info.
There are two main reasons why your health department requires you to have a sink:
1. You have to wash your hands because you’re preparing food.
2. You have to clean your utensils properly AND wash your hands.
These are the possible requirements:
1. No sink required. (Congratulations!)
2. A sink inside your tent, cold water only is OK.
3. A single sink in your tent with hot water.
4. A single sink in your tent with hot water, under pressure.
5. 3 sinks with hot water, under pressure.
6. 4 sinks with hot water, under pressure.